- Nov. 27: New York (DAZN) @@ Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos, 12 rounds, for Lopez’s undisputed lightweight championship
Teofimo Lopez defends his WBA, WBO and IBF lightweight titles against George Kambosos Jr. on Saturday night.
Background: After so many date changes that it was impossible to keep track, Lopez vs. Kambosos is finally here. Lopez, whose bout with COVID-19 resulted in one postponement, will be fighting for the first time since his break through victory over pound-for-pound king Vasiliy Lomachenko in October of last year to become undisputed lightweight champion in only his 16th fight. He was only 23 at the time. The gifted boxer-puncher got off to a strong start against the strangely inactive Ukrainian champion and then held off a rally to win a clear unanimous decision in Las Vegas. The WBC has designated Lopez its “franchise” champion and elevated Devin Haney to full titleholder, which Boxing Junkie doesn’t recognize. Lopez has suggested that the fight against Kambosos could be his last at 135 pounds. Kambosos is a tough, high-energy fighter from Australia but he can also box, as the 28-year-old demonstrated in split-decision victories over good technicians Mickey Bey and Lee Selby in the last two fights. The Selby fight also took place in October of last year, meaning both men will have been out of the ring for around 13 months. This will be Kambosos’ third fight in the United States.
What you want to know about Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr.
What time is Teofimo Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr.?
- Date: Saturday, November 27th
- Main card: 8:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 a.m. GMT
- Main event ring walks (approx): 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. GMT
The main card is set to get underway at 8:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 a.m. GMT, with the main event ring walks at approximately 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. GMT. These timings are subject to change due to the length of the under card bouts.
What Channel/Stream is Teofimo Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr. ?
Live Link : https://cdn.11sports.club/r/tPpgHG/
This fight is broadcast across the world exclusively live on DAZN (except China).
Where is the Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr. fight?
The fight takes place at Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theatre in New York.
- Cost: DAZN is $19.99 per month or $99 annually
- Division: Lightweight
- At stake: Lopez’s undisputed championship
- Pound-for-pound ranking: Lopez No. 6
- Odds: Lopez 7-1 favorite (average of multiple outlets)
- Also on the card: Azinga Fuzile vs. Kenichi Ogawa, junior lightweights (for vacant IBF title); Ray Ford vs. Felix Caraballo, featherweights
- Prediction: Lopez KO 10
Teofimo Lopez record and bio
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: July 30, 1997
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Reach: 68.5″
- Total Fights: 16
- Record: 16-0 (12 KOs)
George Kambosos Jr. Record and Bio
- Nationality: Australia
- Born: June 14, 1993
- Height: 5′ 9.5″
- Reach: 68″
- Total Fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (10 KOs)
Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr. fight card
- Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr.; For Lopez’s IBF, WBO and WBA lightweight titles
- Azinga Fuzile vs. Kenichi Ogawa; For the vacant IBF world super featherweight title
- Raymond Ford vs. Felix Caraballo; Featherweight
- Andreas Katzourakis vs. Wendy Toussaint; Middleweight
- Reshat Mati vs. Dimitri Trenel; Super lightweight
- Zhilei Zhang vs. Bernardo Marquez; Heavyweight
- Ramala Ali vs. Isela Vera; Super bantamweight
- Christina Cruz vs. Marygreen Vellinga Hinz; Flyweight